1.12.2015

Nature, Spirit & Wild Women!

TRaewyn Jewelry - Inspired by Nature, Spirit & Wild Women!

I create Handcrafted jewelry using a mixture of earthen clay, polymer clay,  gemstones, crystals, glass & mixed metal. I even incorporate things such as driftwood, sea shells and bone. Gifts from Mother Earth.
My jewelry is inspired by nature, and also incorporates nature. I am very much in love with all things earthy, natural and things worn down by the elements - think bones, earth, rock, mud bricks, old worn timber, leaves, pebbles, tiny moss growing in the cracks of rocks, and also old rusty things.... But I also love the colorful quirks of Bohemian Styles - and vibrant teals and blues!
I create my jewelry to reflect nature and also to reflect the female spirit, the wild woman, her passionate colorful side, her mystery as well as her strength and her intuitive nature. The wild Woman, who is herself, unchained, free to be who she really is.
I love mythology, especially about nymphs and pixies, I think it reflects the nature of many 'wild women' that I know. In my shop I have pieces inspired by Earthen Spirits, Nymphs, Angels, Elders, Pixies and other Forest Children.... these are inspired by the hidden treasures in nature - the one's you find only when you are quiet, still and patient. They represent being at one with nature. Each has her own unique personality, her own beauty, and her own treasures. These little beings are never 'created' with a design in mind, they simply create themselves. Some are simple , some more extravagant - but each one is beautiful.
In Mythology, Nymphs were female spirits of the natural world, minor goddesses of the forests, rivers, springs, meadows, mountains and seas. They were responsible for the crafting of nature's wild beauty, from the placement, arrangement and growth of the plants, flowers and trees, to the nurturing of wild birds and animals, and the formation of rocky caverns, springs, wetlands and brooks. 
I love combining art and earth, be it in my jewelry creation, or artwork that I have around my home... and there's a plentiful supply of rusty things that I find 'arty' sitting in corners of my gardens... I also love to garden - I really love growing vegetables and getting my hands dirty - I have many rescue hens, who have become my little family, lovely ladies they are too! 
I can't even begin to describe the happiness and joy that I experience when creating my clay jewelry pieces. There really is something very special about shaping clay between your fingers. The transformation that takes place from holding a simple lump of clay in your hands - to wearing a piece of art as a finished necklace is such a feeling of accomplishment. I really love what I do, and I hope that it shines through in my work.